Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kartika Caning Sentence Absurd


Kartika Sari Dewi Sukharno was sentenced to be canned by the the Islamic Law for consuming alcohol. This is very bad, I know that it is wrong for a Muslim to consume alcohol but for her to get a caning sentence is a little bit too much. This sentence is usually for murderers, rapists and robbers but now it's also given to a lady who drinks.

I know some may not agree with me but I still have to say that the punishment is way beyond rational. If they still want to carry on with the sentence on Kartika because of the Islamic Law then they should cut off the hands of thieves too because that's what is done in Arabs countries under Islamic Law. Follow the Islamic Law all the way for all Muslims and not just to some Muslims.

I think this happened because the judge was not getting lucky the night before and decided to let go on this poor girl Kartika.

2 comments:

Hope said...

I'm totally with you. It is unthinkable!

Hamba Allah said...

Pergi mengucap dua kalimah syahadah balik sebelum terlambat.Never say what Allah SWT & Islam laws ABSURD.